viernes, 26 de junio de 2009

Many happy returns of the day


Today is my very auspicious* birthday! Actually, I don't know if it is truly auspicious, but I believe it is since I turn 29 on June 29, 2009 and there won't be another nice numerical rhyme like this ever again in my life. Also, I am very happy about the moment where I am in my life and I believe this year will be excellent. I have a wonderful summer ahead of me, MPA/ID2, big decisions on what I'll do and where I'll go next, friends to visit and places to see (Oh! The places you'll see!). Also it is the last year before the big 3-0. I will be done with my twenties. Ufffff.

In India on birthdays the common expression is "Many happy returns of the day", which I find very poetical. One interpretation is that hopefully this day (year) bears much happy fruit; another is that may the sun return many times to its position today, that is, that you live a long life;. I like them both. I hope I'll be around for a while and I hope this 29th year of my life brings many good things. I'm sure it will.

So far it's brought a lot of cake, many friends, and multiple plans to celebrate: now and when I'm able to dance and jump around. I would definitely call this auspicious (and guess what? I just checked and indeed June 29, 2009 is on the auspicious list!)

*Auspicious: promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable.

1 comentario:

  1. wow, no habia entendido lo del auspicious year... pero bueno, felicidades otra vez!!!!
    Disfruta mucho este tiempo Nenita!!
    te quiero mucho,

    Marce

    ResponderEliminar